This is part two of styling our favorite Angadi Saris. This is a beautiful cotton sari with an amazing color combination. I have seen this combination mostly on Silk Saris but it was wonderful to find a similar piece in cotton . Its so versatile that you can wear to a mall for a more casual look or even to friend’s engagement party day function.
As Baatein puts it :
Kohl rimmed eyes, a peacock parading in style
Not so traditional the pallu tied in loops
A statement piece and dangling hoops
The definition changed but the style didn’t entirely
I am choosing elegance and comfort over tradition and conformity
Mom advised to wear a sari today
I did agree, but in my own way .
Day at the Mall
Pair the cotton Saree with
- Golden quilted jacket which looks lovely with the golden zari border in the sari
- Leather brown tassled shoes
- And a Tan brown pack pack
The back pack makes the sari look hassle free , shoes are comfortable for the long walking in the mall and the light quilted jacket looks stylish yet a bit warm just in case the air conditioner in the mall gets too strong !
Friend’s engagement day function !
- A pair of hot pink mojaris with cute little parrot motifs
- One chunky gold necklace
- A rose gold watch
- And top it all with sunglasses with mirrored lenses
On the day when it won’t stop raining !
- First you gotta be in a comfortable footwear , wear your crocs
- Carry an equally bright and colorful umbrella to drive away those rainy day blues
- And don’t forget a beautiful matching latest fitbit charge , my personal favorite .
Do you have other suggestions on styling this sari for similar or other occassions . Please share your ideas in the comments below
For first part of this series click here