Happy Happy Independence Day. Sooooo what follows is something you have never seen on the blog before . Like – NEVER ! We are super excited to style India’s most loved garment-The Saree . We bring you some fresh Sari looks each week for next 3 weeks. All these looks will include latest fashion trends and fads ! We want the young working millennial and college girls to feel as beautiful, stylish and hip as they would feel in any western wear !
Peacocks in the Rain will style 3 cotton saris picked from our favorite handloom saree destination, Angadi Galleria in Bangalore, in nine different ways!
Born from family heritage of 600 years in weaving exquisite textiles, Angadi Galleria is a showroom that comes from the oldest silk family of India.
600 साल का बाधँ
एक कपड़ा, एक सभ्यता
ले साड़ी तू बाधँ।
लपेट ममता, लपेट स्वतंत्रता
लपेट तू इतिहास।
Baatein for the beautiful handloom sarees from The House of Angadi, Angadi Galleria
This week our first set of looks is with a hand block printed (with organic dyes) , hand woven cotton Kota Sari.Woven in the Kota and Bundi districts of Rajasthan, Kota Doria saris have a delicate, net-like plain weave structure that is very light in weight and has a translucent appearance. Considered to have originated from Mysore, the fabric was initially known as Masoriya.
Sari for semi-formal Friday dressing at work.
- White Sneakers. How could we not include these in our first look. White sneakers are must haves this year.
- Black Leather Bag- very sleek and sophisticated for work
- White pearl ear jackets
- Large white pendant with silver chain
- Oversized Black rimmed eye glasses
Styling for a Concert Night
- Because this Black Kota Sari is translucent, light and airy, we suggest you pair it with a printed red maxi skirt instead of a usual black/white petticoat.
- Pick a stylish red crop top which adds an interesting contrast to the black and white printed sari
- Wear it with high heeled wooden pumps
- And a long silver beaded necklace
Sunday Brunch with friends
- Wear a short white crop with a cool quote – “ Only Good vibes “ perhaps ?
- Thin black belt wrapped around the waist
- Matt gold ear jacket
- Black winged eyeliner and you are all set to rock a look which no Little Black Dress Can compete with !
As Baatein perfectly pins down the theme for our gorgeous handloom saris from The House of Angadi, Angadi Galleria:
Kohl rimmed eyes, a peacock parading in style
Not so traditional the pallu tied in loops
A statement piece and dangling hoops
The definition changed but the style didn’t entirely
I am choosing elegance and comfort over tradition and conformity
Mom advised to wear a sari today
I did agree, but in my own way .
For more on Angadi Galleria see their website here. Check out their store in Bangalore at Sankey Road : Sadashiv Nagar , Bangalore.
#TheHouseofAngadi #MakeinIndia #MadeinIndia #IwearHandlooms #AngadiSilks #AngadiBangalore
All Saree pictures were taken at Peacocks in the Rain Studios . All accessories are available at asos.com